Sunset Agro-success - protecting plants from sunburn and drought
Many ornamental and fruit crops, except drought tolerant, suffer from the scorching sun, and conifers in the winter-spring period from sunlight, amplified by reflection from the snow. In this article, we will talk about a unique drug for protecting plants from sunburn and drought - Sunset Agro-success.
The problem is relevant for most regions of Russia. In February and early March, the sun's rays become more active, and the plants are not yet ready for new conditions. At this time, there is a threat of sunburn for thuja, cypress, spruce and juniper.
The process of photosynthesis begins in the needles, but the moisture available in the tissues of plants is consumed very quickly, and the plant cannot get it from frozen soil, as a result of which the conifer dries up.
This process is calledphysiological withers, which is complemented by sunburn. To reduce the negative effects of dehydration and sunburn, conifers must be prepared before the onset of cold weather. In October or November, you need to make winter watering and nourish the plant with moisture.
The second preparation measure is changing the feeding pattern in early August. From now on, do not fertilize with nitrogen, but only phosphorus-potash. The absence of the nitrogen component stops the growth of new shoots, and protective pigments accumulate in the needles: flavonoids and anthocyanins, which help the needles to protect themselves from sunburn in February-March.
If the plant has already suffered from spring burns, after melting the snow, it is necessary to begin active watering and pouring water over the branches. At a temperature of 10-12 degrees Celsius, it is necessary to spray with the Epin and Zircon preparations. Branches with dead kidneys are cut to living tissue and covered with garden var.
The effects of heat on ornamental and agricultural crops
Due to sunburn, photosynthesis is disturbed in the plants, and the leaves dry out. Plants affected by the sun quickly lose their decorative appeal and are more susceptible to various diseases, including fungal nature.
For protection decorative deciduous, fruit, nut-bearing trees and shrubs, grapes, berry bushes and lawns from the danger of overheating, various methods of a preventive nature are used:
- Artificial Shading which is created using grids of light-scattering fabric. The nets are stretched over the plantings or they cover the greenhouses. The degree of protection of the material varies from 45 to 70%, which allows you to protect against overheating and passes enough light for the growth and development of plants.
- Natural shading - a method of planting plants taking into account the shade from trees with a large crown or planting rows of tall heat-resistant plants along less stable ones.
- Mulching - prevents overheating and drying of the soil. You can reduce watering plants and reduce weed growth. You can use hay, sawdust, tree bark, mowed green manure or materials of industrial production - agrospan.
- Reinforced watering.
- The use of protective drugs on the sheet from UV and IR rays that do not interfere with the photosynthesis process.
Sunset Agro-success - a modern tool to protect plants from moisture loss and burns
An effective and economical remedy for the negative effects of high temperatures and lack of moisture is Sunset Agro-success. The drug is a water-suspension concentrate, which when sprayed onto leaves forms a protective film and provides a reflective and scattering effect. The product reflects UV and IR rays that damage the plant and reduces moisture loss by the leaf surface.
- Protects from solar insolation (irradiation of surfaces with sunlight),
- minimizes the formation of sunburn,
- lowers the temperature of plants
- protects against excessive overheating,
- inhibits excessive evaporation of moisture from the surface of the leaves,
- reduces water consumption and allows to increase the interval between watering.
The use of the drug reduces heat stress and damage to plant cells, provides better survival after transplantation, protects a particularly susceptible young annual growth, positively affects the growth and development of plants.
Sunset Agro success is economical to use - 300 ml is diluted in 10 l of water, this volume is enough to process 20-25 trees with a crown area of up to 1 m.
Application Rate Sunset Agro-success
|Culture||Processing period||Multiplicity of processing|
|Coniferous evergreen trees||in October-November and in February-March (in the southern regions, processing in February is not required).||1-2 times|
|treatment 3-10 days before the onset of active solar stress, if necessary, repeat depending on weather conditions.||1-2 times|
|Ornamental deciduous trees and shrubs||processing 3-10 days before the abnormal temperature regime and subsequent processing during extreme weather conditions.||spend every 18-28 days or as needed.|
|Sensitive plants that have been transplanted from a protected environment (greenhouses)||processing before and immediately after transplantation into open ground.||2 times|
|Fruit, walnut and shrubs:||processing plants no later than the fruit size of 15-20 mm; for nut crops - in the early stages of fruit formation.||Every 14-21 days or as needed|
|Grapes, berry bushes||processing 3-10 days before the onset of sunny, hot weather, in the early stages of development before or during the setting of berries.||1-2 times|
|Lawns||processing 3-10 days before sunny, hot weather during the period of intensive growth of herbs. Repeat if necessary after 10-14 days.||Every 10-14 days depending on weather conditions|
The drug Sunset Agro-success is safe for the environment, people and animals. Processing can be carried out at any time, the use of the drug is not a hindrance to the harvest.