Easter cake, or Pasca
The main triumph of Orthodox Christians is approaching, “the king of all days”, the Bright Resurrection of Christ. In all churches, the night before the night will be "midnight" (solemn services). At midnight, a gospel, marked by a bell ringing, will sound, and a procession of the parishioners around the church will begin. After the matins and festive liturgy, the priests will consecrate festive cakes (paski) and eggs painted by the laity. Each housewife bakes Easter cake according to a special, carefully selected recipe. This recipe is being improved, accumulating the previous experience of successful research, is inherited. The proposed option is called "Paska Sunday", it has been tested by more than one generation, improved and reliable.
Easter cakes, due to their good porosity, turn out to be light, and due to well-tuned bookmarking of products - very tasty. These Easter cakes are not stale for a long time. Prepare Sunday Pasca from yeast dough.
"Kulich" is the Russian traditional name for the festive Easter bread. In dialects it is found in the form of a panettone and a panettone. The name "Paska", or "Easter" is taken for Easter bread in South Russian and Ukrainian cuisine. Pasques are usually baked for each member of the family, of different sizes, and always one big one for everyone. Ukrainian Paska is decorated with patterns of dough, trellises, wreaths. Russian Easter cake is poured with white sugar icing and sprinkled with multi-colored "millet".
8 secrets of quality yeast baking
- Excess water will make the product vague, poorly formed, the lack of water will not allow the dough to ferment well, the products will be stiff.
- Replacing water with milk improves the appearance of the cooking product, its taste.
- An increase in the amount of salt inhibits the fermentation process, and the paska is brackish. Lack of salt - the product is vague, tasteless.
- A large amount of fat forms the loose structure of the paska, it does not stale.
- A large amount of sugar tintes the cake surface very quickly (with a poorly baked middle). In addition, fermentation slows down (if the percentage of sugar when laying products exceeds 35%, fermentation ceases altogether). Lack of sugar makes paska pale and unsweetened.
- An increase in the number of eggs improves the taste, increases the splendor of Easter cakes. Replacing eggs with yolks contributes to the appearance of a more friable structure, Easter cake acquires a beautiful color.
- An overdose of yeast accelerates fermentation, but the paska will be acidic.
- A little alcohol will increase the porosity of the test.
Ingredients for Easter cake, or Paski
- Sour cream - 80 g;
- Milk - 250 ml;
- Yeast (fresh pressed) - 60 g;
- Raisins - 80 g;
- Softened butter - 80 g;
- Cognac (vodka) - 15 g;
- Eggs - 5 pieces;
- Sugar - 400 g;
- Vanillin - a bag;
- Flour - 1,100 g.
Cooking Easter cake, or Pasca
Dissolve yeast in a heated (36 ° C) milk, a little sugar, a little flour - this is how the dough is laid. Seal it with tape - let it fit.
Separate the yolks and squirrels.
Rub a pinch of salt and yolk.
Beat the whites, taking 40 g of sugar from the prescription rate. Combine the protein foam, yolks, cognac, sour cream, vanillin, a suitable dough with a hat, 500 g of flour. Slowly, stirring everything with a spoon, seal the dough with a film - let it do.
Prepare Easter forms: with oiled parchment, line the bottom and sides of the existing dishes, increasing the required height.
The rest of the sugar can now add the rest of the sugar, steamed raisins, the remaining flour, butter. The dough is kneaded with a spoon.
Fill the prepared forms for pasko to a third of the height - with dough.
Place the filled Easter molds in a warm (45 ° C) oven. The proofing lasts 40 minutes (the height of the dough in the mold will double). The required temperature is now 180 ° C.
Easter cakes are baked in half an hour. The readiness of baking is checked by a long skewer: pierce the paska, if the skewer is dry - remove the product from the oven.
- Easter sprinkle
- Chilled protein;
- A glass of icing sugar.
Beat the protein by adding powdered sugar at the end. Cover the cooled tops of the apiary with glaze, making a wavy edge with a spoon. Decorate the tops of Easter cakes with Easter sprinkles.
Easter cake, or Pasca, is ready. Bon appetit and a bright holiday!