10 best flowering indoor plants
Today, in the landscaping of interiors, it is customary to focus on indoor plants from among decorative and deciduous stars. More hardy and reliable, not requiring a special dormant period, such plants are distinguished by their constancy and unpretentiousness. But no matter how varied the choice of deciduous crops is, not one grower can refuse to grow at least one flowering plant. Touching or catchy, nostalgic or modern - all of them are surprisingly attractive and in their own way irresistible. And for each grower there is a blooming star - in size, taste and even color scheme.
Constellation of beautifully flowering soloists
It is not easy to choose favorites among flowering houseplants. And it’s more difficult to understand the assortment of indoor plants, the more nuances in their cultivation you need to consider. Of course, if we are talking about such special plants as orchids or flowering cacti, then it all comes down to the ability to provide plants with the necessary conditions and care. But the search for an ideal flowering soloist from among the most common herbaceous or shrub plants is a simpler task. And to find the perfect option, you need to evaluate a lot of criteria.
Indoor plants, famous for the beauty of flowering, are:
- universal (flowers and greens are equally beautiful) and purely blooming (the greens themselves are inconspicuous, the plant dumps it for a dormant period, etc.);
- plentiful-colored (under the flowers almost no leaves are visible), ordinary (flowers do not hide the leaves, but attract attention) and graceful (rare and solitary flowers or the plant produces only one inflorescence);
- catchy (the plant plays the role of a color spot), medium-catchy (flowering is noticeable, but not dazzling) and nondescript (to notice the flowers, you need to look closely);
- letting out single flowers or inflorescences - dense, friable, transparent;
- with tubular, bell-shaped, simple, terry or original inflorescences;
- blooming almost the whole year, blooming for a long time (from 3 to 6 months), during one season (spring, summer, autumn and winter blooming), only a few weeks;
- with a pronounced color tone - red, yellow, white, blue, etc .;
- classic and exotic;
- large, medium and miniature;
- with a different growth form - from tree and shrubs to bushy and sod grassy crops, vines and succulents;
- annual, short-lived (need frequent rejuvenation and renewal) and room centenarians, preserving the beauty for decades;
- fast or slow growing;
- not capricious and requiring complex care;
- blooming only if special conditions are provided at the dormant stage and conditions do not need changes.
Unites all flowering plants, in fact, only one feature: they will please flowering only with appropriate care for them. In contrast to the decorative-deciduous crops, flowering plants react much worse to misses in care and require regular watering. To show their true beauty, anyone, even the most hardy flowering pet, needs attention and love.
The growing conditions for such plants need to be selected more strictly and carefully. Flowering depends on the intensity of lighting, air temperature at each stage of development, ventilation and even drafts, not to mention the operation of heating devices. And every little thing that does not meet the requirements of plants can ruin everything.
The choice of a flowering plant should be dictated primarily by taste, character and interior. Their influence on the atmosphere in the house and space is much stronger than that of plants with beautiful leaves. Each grower has his own favorites. But in each category of flowering crops there are plants that have become a kind of “calling card” - universal favorites, the most colorful and plentifully flowering plants, which are difficult to find equal.
Let's get to know the top ten among flowering plants closer.
See the next page for a list of the best flowering indoor plants.